It’s time to pick the Bloggers-Helping-Bloggers portion of the Boobie-Thon.
Just as we have done all along, the first $359.00 raised in this year’s event will go to Bloggers-Helping-Bloggers.
So, please speak up!
What charity’s should be considered? Do you know of a blogger who needs help? Let us know by leaving a comment or contacting us.
The deadline for submissions will be Sunday September 28, 2008. Once we have all of the charities submitted, I will be asking this year’s volunteers to vote for their favorite. The selected charity will be announced on Tuesday September 30, 2008.
Don’t forget to grab a button or badge and post it on your blog. The event starts in just 11 days!!
Also, if there is anyone out there who wants to make their own button/badge and share it with the rest of us, that would be awesome. Just send me an email about it and we’ll get it up on the site.
Things are quickly unfolding and just to answer some questions out there.
1. Yes we will be doing Bloggers Helping Bloggers. Stay tuned over the next few days for more details about that.
2. Pre-launch is coming too! Be the first to find out by signing up for the mailing list.
3. We are less than 2 weeks away from the kick-off of the 7th Annual Blogger Boobie-Thon and this site will start to be regularly updated again over the next few days as well as undergoing a little cosmetic change. Something fresh and new for the 8th Annual.
Keep checking back and we look forward to seeing you October 1st!!
Hey everyone. I hope everyone has been doing well over the last 10 months. TEN MONTHS! Wow, that went fast, no?
Well we are back and gearing up for the 2008 Boobie-Thon, which is a mere TWO months away. I can not thank everyone enough for all their support last year. Without you, there would be no Boobie-Thon and that would be sad. We love boobies and we love saving them. So, once again we are asking for your help. We need YOU in order to make this year’s event a huge success!
Here’s are some ways you can volunteer:
1. People who can record donations in real-time. You will receive pledge amounts and names/e-mail addresses via email. All pledges are sent to one email address which you will check during your 2-3 hour shift. Your job will be to compile a list of pledge amounts and names and then pass them along to the donation coordinator who will then add them to our donation totals and donor list on this site.
2. People who have experience editing photos. You will receive access to the photo submission email address (guys edit guy photos, girls edit girl photos) and then run each photos against a small checklist of requirements. Then you will pass these photos on to the photo coordinators so they can publish them to the site.
3. People who can make schedules! Schedule coordinators will work with the donation recorders and photo editor volunteers. Your job will be to fit volunteers into the daytime, evening and overnight shifts that work best for the volunteers. You will be required to make/adjust/edit schedules and send out shift-reminders to all donation and photo editor volunteers.
4. People who can post donations to this site. Donation coordinators are responsible for collecting all donation records from the donations recorders and posting donor lists and donation totals to the site at least 3-4 times per day.
If any of these positions sound like something you can do, please get in touch with me.
Also, if you have a blog, or website, or you flickr or facebook or twitter, or insert-other-social-networking-site-here, please please please spread the word about volunteering! We can use all the help that we can get.
Thank you for helping us and supporting The 2008 Blogger Boobie-Thon!
All proceeds received in the Boobie-Thon Store will go to Komen