Last year’s huge success of the first ever Boobie-Ball raised over $2600.00 and Eva Bellambi and Serra Anansi are working hard again this year to bring you the Second Life Second Annual Boobiethon Ball, as well as other events that take part during the week of the Boobie-Thon. I will be attending a few of the events so be sure to look for Stormy Mefusula
Here are the details:
Boobies. Cuhuangas, Breasts. TaTas. Bazooms.
They are called many things and although they come in all shapes and sizes (large, small, saggy and perky), they have one thing in common: The ability to develop cancer.
Even though there is no cure yet, Serra Anansi and Eva Bellambi are joining the annual Blogger Boobie-Thon (http://www.boobiethon.com) to do our part part to make breast cancer a thing of the past.
Come join us as we host the 2ND ANNUAL SECOND LIFE BOOBIETHON.
This year we will have a week of events from the kick off Boobie Ball in the Winterfell Community Center on October 2nd to the ending ceremonies held at the Isle of Skye (Winterfell Anodyne) on October 7th! All funds collected in Second Life will be matched in part by Serra and Eva and then donated to the Susan G. Koman Foundation via the Blogger Boobie-Thon.
Please contact Serra Anansi or Eva Bellambi if you are interested in hosting an unique event to help up raise awareness and funds to bring Breast Cancer to an end.
Event Details as of September 13, 2009
• Opening Night on October 2nd @ 6:30pm SLT BoobieBall. Winterfell Community Center.
• October 3rd @ noon SLT BoobieBall. Winterfell Community Center. Wear Pink to the Balls if you’d like - or come topless if you dare!!
• October 5th @ 4:00pm SLT Innertube Obstacle Course and Race. Entry Fee L250
• October 7th @ 6:30pm SLT Limerick Contest. In the sky on Isle of Skye, Winterfell Anodyne (http://slurl.com/secondlife/Winterfell%20Anodyne/210/222/2501)
• A little detail on the Limerick Contest. This particular event will focus on education related to men with breast cancer. The main event will showcase the limerick talent of 5 gentlemen in SL in three themed rounds. Those who wish to be judges for this contest need to send Eva Bellambi a notecard with a bid (donation) of at least L500. The top three bidders will be chosen. After the Main Event, there will be a limerick melee. Anyone desiring to enter will notify Eva Bellambi in world during the event. The winner will be determined by popular vote (Linden’s donated on his/her behalf)
And please, look up the group called “Saving Second Base” and join to keep up with the events and updates!!! All funds raised from the 100L join fee will be added to the over all pot of funds raised!
We are so proud to support the Boobie Ball and can not thank the event coordinators enough for putting all of this together.
For more info, check out Eva Bellambi blog.
All proceeds received in the Boobie-Thon Store will go to Komen